As a result of the abolition of the religious guilds, the Municipality of Montefalco had to administer the whole property which belonged to the church, including several artworks.
They were initially deployed in the offices of the City Hall. In 1895 all the works were moved in the Church dedicated to St. Francis. These were displayed without any logical criterion of sequence giving the Church a monotonous appearance and subtracting interest and charm to the works.
For these reasons a renovation was needed for the exhibition area to dignify these works. The re-establishment of the former places belonging to the Convent took place around 1990, providing an exhibition site suitable to receive these artworks.
The space is divided in 4 exhibition sections and hosts 14 mobile works.